Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Montserrat Meal--A Transition from Perfection to Palatable

There were a few food choices up on the mountain for a quick meal...cold sandwich type take away, sit down restaurant, or our choice warm sit down cafeteria. Interesting pedestrian food options...we had some fun with it and enjoyed our first little lunch off the ship. Have I mentioned that I was still working on getting my land-lubber legs back? I could swear that mountain was moving, even when I was sitting down.


On the way to eat, we stopped in the shops and food stalls...wow, chocolate made by the monks...now that is something I can sink my teeth into..the language of food transcends all religions...or lack thereof


Again more delicious, creamy local goat cheese that I can't bring home with me...it's quite painful..after being "forced" to sample many different varieties (the gentleman was very sweet to offer them even after I mentioned we were flying and unable to bring this type of food home) we moved on back down to the cafeteria


How did they do that??? I wish I was better able to capture the stark beauty of the area...my pictures do not do it justice



Hmmm...meat, meat and meat...need to see it a bit closer


Pretty average offerings


I'm thinking the sausage...Rog followed suit


Is that a RECEIPT for our food??? Back to the real world of actually paying for our meals :(


Still an unhappy boy...still drowning his sorrows....still trying to make me laugh :)


Being homesick for our dining room table on the ship, Roger made a duplicate name stand with our table number and servers names out of a napkin...silly boy, but it made us both giggle :) Yes, we were punch drunk (not really), sleep deprived, probably being affected by the high altitude and very much missing our shipmates, the crew and our lovely bed at sea....how many more days till we cruise again?????


I'm smiling on the outside, crying on the inside


Roger...just tell us how you really feel???


At the end of our tour, although we were sad to have missed our cava winery tour and the hours soaking up the sun in that lovely seaside town, we were in awe of what we had seen that day.


Is that a little bit of a smile that I see???

After a few more quick pics, we headed to the bus for our long ride back down into Barcelona. I have to say that although our plans for the day had changed, we truly did come appreciate the magnificence, beauty and historical significance of what the monks had built on the side of that mountain, long...long ago...at the beginning in the 9th century.

Next up...a reverse trip through the airports...one a dream...one a nightmare

No comments:

Post a Comment