Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dubrovnik Part 3--Wine, lunch and nap time

Our day trip was far from over, we had a vineyard to visit and a luncheon planned before heading back to the ship. The weather continued to cooperate, and we enjoyed a very pleasant ride through the countryside between each stop. Our tour through the winery began with a liquor tasting, cherry and chocolate...can you guess which was my favorite? I enjoyed it so much, we purchased some to bring home. I am not much of a souvenir shopper, and typically only buy consumable items.


Our motor coach waits for our return


Next we had the wine tasting, which was accompanied by a nice bread and local cheeses. Considering that the alcohol we were sampling was served with very little food, I was not feeling the affects of drinking so early in the day. Roger tested a very strong tasting liquor, that even he thought was a tad too strong. All in all, very interesting and for my first visit to a winery, an eye opening experience.


What's your pleasure?


Very strong sipping liquor


He took a pass after a few sips of cognac


The wine was good, but I could have eaten the bread and cheese all day


Oyster farms...found the place I want to live out my senior years


Finally, what I had been waiting for..... the oyster capital of Dubrovnik...wow!!! I may have to move here and start my second career as an oyster farmer. Lunch for the group and then we made our way back to the buses for a quite road trip back to the ship. It was an extremely enjoyable day for everyone and we all appreciated the extra hour nap on the return trip.

Next up...cocktails, dinner and dancing...just a typical night on the seas

No comments:

Post a Comment