Sunday, October 3, 2010

Goodbye Rome....let's slow down the pace

Silly me, how could I forget the remaining food pictures from our day in Rome. Clearly our time in the city was not about the food, but that doesn't mean I can skip over posting the few shots I did manage to grab before we jumped back on the metro. This was the cafe for our gelato and restroom stop...not a bad combination if you ask me!!!


Foccocia...how yummy does that look???


It would not be Rome without some pizza--hold the hard boiled egg please


Mushroom anyone?


How about a stuffed?


I know...I'm a bit boring in my flavor choices today...same old pistachio and chocolate mix


I just can't get enough of it

We all grabbed a nap on the train during the ride back to the ship, and I'm pleased to say we were able to locate the ship's free shuttle to the port. Not sure I would have been up for a reverse run of our ship-to-train marathon this morning.

Back on board and strangely enough, I feel a bit hungry. On our way to cocktail hour, I stopped by the buffet to fill a plate with a few sweet goodies. Of course they always pass a few cocktail snacks during the 4-6 hour, but our dinner isn't until 8:30, so plenty of time for a nice nibble.


Salt and sugar...great combination..that should hold me till dinner :)

About 8:30 we head into the dining room to enjoy our last meal of the day


Antipasto for starters


Pork loin was fork tender


Chocolate swirl cheesecake went down so smooth


Our waitstaff always had a smile and kept us all laughing during our 12 nights in the dining room

After dinner, we knew we would not be staying up too late because we had another marathon train-ride tour-group day in Florence. The Newlywed & Not So Newlywed Game was being held in the lounge, so we stopped by to see if we knew any of the couples who were participating. I took a detour to the photo shop to pick up our completed renewal album, and to try to make a final choice from all the other professional pictures taken during the last 10 days.

I'm pleased to report, the pictures are all wonderful, still no decisions on the remainder of the photos, and the newlyweds in the game gave everyone in the audience a very "ewwww" moment. Without going into details, some things are meant to be done behind closed doors and the Rendez-Vous Lounge will just never be the same to me again.

Next up....Florence--not for the faint hearted foodies

No comments:

Post a Comment