Saturday, October 2, 2010

Monday--September 27, 2010 Sea Day--Part 1--YMCA anyone?

Our last scheduled sea day turned out to be a full day of drinking. Our unexpected sea day, when we missed Split, turned into a very relaxing lazy day. This, our last sea day, was an eating extravaganza....and that my friends is an understatement. I had seen on the schedule the night before, that the Gala Brunch was to be held from 10-2 in the main dining room. Having heard only wonderful reviews of the spread they set out, and having seen pictures posted by previous passengers...I knew this was not an event to be missed. That was all well and good, but we (that translates to Roger, I was awake at my normal 6, and spent 3 hours typing), ending up sleeping in and didn't even make it to Michael's Club for breakfast until 9:45. Also, the crew talent show was set to begin at 10:30, and we didn't want to miss that either.

Little did we know when we stepped into the Theater, that Rog would be making his stage debut. The entire song was actually captured on film for all passengers to view over and over and over...well you get the idea :). He continues to deny his participation as a construction worker in the group rendition of YMCA, however, the video cruise review cannot be disputed...that, and the fact that people throughout the remainder of the cruise would come up to him and comment on what a good sport he was for participating. I also have our own private video, which is a bit shaky when viewed due to the fact that I was laughing hysterically during the filming. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life, and WARNING-WARNING TMI coming up...you know the saying "I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants"....well I came much closer than I care to admit..and there was a line in the restroom, as usual. Happy to say I avoided that near disaster :)


Fuzzy pics...my video isn't much better...the ships video...now that is worth watching :)


He really is still in denial...he will, however, readily admit that the gentleman on stage bears a strong resemblance to him

Next up....hold on to your tummies....food pics to beat all food pics..the Gala Brunch

No comments:

Post a Comment