Sunday, October 3, 2010

Florence--Part 3--Gelato Junkies Big Fix

An hour later, it was time to head out into the streets once again for a quick walk past the Duomo (the only non-food related picture opportunity of the day), to eventually end up at a gelateria that had been tempting its customers since 1939. I had been eating gelato for a week by now, and most, if not all of it was pretty darn good. After all the incredible food she had introduced us to, and all that we had tasted that day, I trusted that our tour guide was actually leading the group to what would be an exceptional gelateria. I'm pleased to report, she did not steer us wrong--it was gelato nirvana...lots of ooing, ahing and groaning going on...and I think most of it was coming from me. Not really, the entire group was also on sugar overload and enjoying every minute of it. Nine delicious flavors later, it was time to move on to our final stop of the day, our full scale wine tasting.


If you ever visit Florence, you must stop in for a delicious treat


I'm ready for my taste test...and I didn't even have to study for it!


Our tour guide picking out the flavors we would taste


The filling of the tasting cups...


Our first taste white chocolate & raspberry


Fig & mandarin


Sacher torte & Carmel


Mango & strawberry mouse & chocolate chip

We did our best to finish each bite, it was coming out so fast, we didn't bother to throw out the cups...just stacked them one on top of the other. Never have I experienced such a taste extravaganza. It was truly a gelato lover's dream come true.


So many flavors...so little time


What a trooper..I was able to keep up with the gelato marathon

Up next...wine tasting...did any of us have any room left in our tummies?

No comments:

Post a Comment