Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Friday Afternoon--Barcelona Airport

On our walk back to the hotel to retrieve our luggage, I saw one more shop and indulged one more time before jumping in a cab for our trek to the airport.


It's just meringue, how fattening could that be?? Probably just a bit too late in the vacation to be concerned about calories...ya think?


Not only good, but very sticky :)


The architecture in all of these European cities, never ceases to amaze me..always look up!

Our transition from hotel to airport via taxi went smoothly as planned. Security and checkin was equally so...we found our private terminal, private seating area, and private bathrooms without any hassle. I could get to like this...it's what happens when you arrive at the Barcelona airport 3 hours early.


Clean and quiet...a welcome change from what was to come in Hellthrow oops, I mean Heathrow


A solitary cleaning woman was our only company for quite a while...what the heck was there to clean..you could have eaten off the floors!!!


No lines here...at an airport restroom...completely unheard of...have I mentioned how much I love the Barcelona airport?

As our fellow passengers arrived and seats around us began to fill up, it was kind of interesting to watch so many men, dressed in three piece business suits, sleeping sitting up...a lot of that going around this trip, myself included. I've slept in more public places in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 10 years. Let's be honest, sleep deprivation and burning the candle at both ends can do strange things to a weary traveler. I slept just about anywhere...on the bus, on trains, on the vaparetto, on subways and I really, really wanted to close my eyes at dinner last night...I easily could have put my head down on the table...the gentleman sitting across from me began to blur before my eyes. It actually reminded me of the feeling of watching tv and knowing that in a few short moments, your eyes would close and you'd be sound asleep...right about the time your brain is screaming at you "just give in, it will feel so good"

Unfortunately, we had packing to be completed, which in total took both of us 3 hours over the course of the entire day. Yes, for the millionth time...we OVER PACK....is there a self-help group we can join for our chronic affliction??? Sign me up!!! Just ask Roger...there are a few times (well maybe a bit more) in my life when I am no-holds-barred cranky...when hungry, tired or when I have to pack a suitcase. You get the picture I'm sure :)

Next up...a few little coins jingling in our pocket...what to do, what to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment