Sunday, October 3, 2010

Goodbye Florence--We Promise to Return

We arrived at the train station, found some seats and proceeded to relax, unwind and grab a quick nap on our return trip to the ship. We met a couple who was also sailing on board the Century, and we all agreed to share a cab back to the ship.


Visions of gelato danced in her head

It was always a nice surprise to return to our cabin after a long port day, to find a gift of some sort waiting for us. One day roses, other times a bottle of wine, and today a basket of fruit. We actually lost count of how many bottles of wine that found there way to our cabin. Sometimes there was no note, just a bottle sitting there to greet us in the evening. It was almost impossible for us to consume all the wine on our own...we decided to bring the last two bottles to dinner on the final night of the cruise to share with our table mates.


This fruit would come in handy while I was dressing later in the evening...it was never possible for me to go more than an hour or two without eating..probably not a good thing :)


The wine bucket in our cabin was always full of ice and a bottle or two of the vino


A Bellini became my drink of choice each evening--Prosecco and peach purée...yummy

Cocktail hour and then time to get changed for the 7:30 show in the theater. It was a magician who was also a comedian and since I'd missed so many of the performances during the cruise, I figured I'd better make an appearance at least a few times. Sad to say, I could have saved myself the time...his act was less than entertaining. As a matter of fact, my only note of concern on the guest survey at the end of the cruise, was the quality of his talent. Perhaps I was sitting too close to the stage (third row) for a magic show, but I could see many of his "secret" slight of hand moves...it left little to the imagination. He would also be a part of the show on the final night of the cruise, and silly me, I let Roger drag me to see him again. What a glutton for punishment :(

Dinner was delicious as always...the question of the hour....would I be able to stay awake for the Chocolate Buffet at 11:00--better yet...would I have any room for a taste after leaving the dining room table at 10:30? Only time would tell!

Next up....chocolate here, chocolate there....chocolate-chocolate everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment