Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sea Day--September 22, 2010

After our busy day yesterday, it is always so nice to have some down time at sea. No rushing to eat early and then jumping off the ship...it works for me. As a matter of fact, I believe all port days should be followed by a sea day...but that would create issues back at my job, because I'd be gone just a bit longer than 2 weeks...I'd say more like 3 into 4...but who's counting :)


The staff in Michael's Club that take care of us each morning

So did I say this would be a "relaxing" sea day??? Well it was certainly enjoyable...but I just don't remember relaxing at all.....this is how the day shaped up...bullet points will work best I think

--Breakfast at Michael's Club @ 9:00--I had a nice conversation with a British couple who have traveled the world (we run into folks like this all day long)
--Wine tasting @ 11:00 with Roger and a large group in the dining room
--Captain's Club luncheon @ 12:15 in the Crystal Lounge--free flowing drinks, various food stations around the room, live entertainment
--Watch sale @ 1:30 on the pool deck (my battery died before we left Miami, bad timing, no pun intended, for me) they were offering cute watch, necklace and earring sets for $20--as a temporary replacement, it was perfect--interestingly enough, if you put my good watch next to the replacement one...not much difference at all
--European bazaar sale @ 1:30 by the shops (Turkish and spanish items caught my eye)
--Elegant Tea @ 2:00 in the Dining Room with Roger--sugar overload


Morning drinks...Rog opts for espresso

Are you seeing an eating, drinking, shopping pattern here???? It is no exaggeration when I say that I had more to drink in one day, than I have had over the course of an entire year of my life.

--Elite Cocktail Hour @ 4:00 in Crystal Lounge
--Meet with Alana, wedding coordinator @ 5 in Cova Cafe
--Change for dinner
--Photo opportunity in the lounge (always fun to have professional shots taken--then at the end of the cruise, we pick our favorites)
--Martini lounge with a group from Cruise Critic (yummy chocolate martini)
--Dinner @ 8:30 with our table mates (we brought our bottle of wine from the Captain to share at dinner and jokingly thanked our new friends for coming to our "rehearsal dinner"
--Martini lounge again @ 10:45 to meet Chandru who insisted that I have yet another chocolate martini, yikes!
--Finally to bed @ 12:30 with plans to get up early and wash/dry my hair before my 10 am appointment at the salon....renewal ceremony.....here....we...come :)



Typical Michael's breakfast for me

I'll add Elegant Tea/Wine Tasting/Cocktail Hour/Martini Bar pictures next in Part 2 & 3


No comments:

Post a Comment