Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Friday--Venice Day 2--Part 4--Wardrobe Malfunction


After a few hours of window shopping and we'd found a couple goodies to bring home with us. One new item was totally unexpected...my foot slipped off the curb when I was coming out of a shop and my flip flop decided it wanted to stay back in the store....rip!


I was now barefoot (walking through the streets of Venice with nothing on my feet was not my idea of fun...ewwwww) and on a hunt for a replacement pair of flip flops. Rog mentioned that I am Italian, and walking barefoot through the city was part of my heritage...sorry, I just wasn't seeing it that way. He is correct, I do have peasant feet and could easily walk for days very comfortably in just these cheapie little shoes with no ill affects. Even though I am more than happy to go barefoot at home...come on.....the streets of Venice???? That's just pushing it for me. Interestingly enough, the exact same thing had happened to me on one other trip...perhaps I should just carry a spare pair in my tote bag at all times.


Not too worry, a shop just up the street had a cute red shiny pair to take the place of my comfy red dollar store pair. Yes....I only pay a dollar for them, so then I'm never concerned when they malfunction...except the timing could have been a bit better that day.



Bu-bye my comfy sandals...you've served me well...hey, isn't that interesting...2 Italian ports...2 new pair of sandals...this trip wasn't supposed to be about shoes...although I do love them...food is so much more fun and tastes so much better!

Time to head back to ship and relax before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment