Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Friday--Goodbye Venice


We were invited to a private balcony sail-away cocktail party by some fellow Cruise Critic roll call members.


Hands always moving...mouth always talking....hey, I'm Italian...what can I say? You sure you really want to ask :)

A couple bottles of bubbly, fruit, cheese, and Andrea Bocelli serenading us as we sailed out of Venice through the Grand Canal.....what a great way to end our brief visit to this romantic city. As we said our goodbyes, the clouds gathered overhead and it began to sprinkle...not a good sign of things to come. We all commented on how lucky we were that the weather had held out until we completed our day walking around town. Ciao Venice!!!


Overcast skies as we sail away to our next port in Croatia


Provencal lamb....I can never have enough


Chocolate bombe...that went down very well...yum!


Smile Joanne....I'm trying...I'm really trying...just know that I'm smiling on the inside....is this how people's faces feel after plastic surgery?!?!

In honor of our day spent with the people of Venice, the ship was holding a masquerade dance onboard. We had found some cute inexpensive masks and decided if we were still awake at 10:30, we'd go check it out. Since we are still at the dinner table some nights until that time, it's not very difficult to find our way to whatever happens to be on the agenda for the evening. We put on our masks, enjoyed a few dances then called it a night. Note to self: don't try to pose for a picture with a mask on...your cheeks won't move behind that rigid material...I actually look like I'm angry...I assure you, it was not the case at all.

After another long busy day, we head off to bed with visions of sugarplums dancing in....oops sorry that's another bedtime story. At that moment, I had plenty of sugar bouncing around inside of me, just not in my head :)

We arrive in Split tomorrow at 7am...as I pretty much figured at this point in the cruise, we are exhausted...a couple port days in a row are kicking us in the behind....it would be nice to slip another sea day in there....be careful what you wish for....

No comments:

Post a Comment