Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Monday September 20, 2010 Sea day...fun day...lazy day

It was a great day to sleep in and relax, and both of us had plans to do just that. However, by 8 am, I was ready to get up and start my day. Nice little breakfast in Michael's lounge, then back to the cabin to check on sleeping beauty....still out like a light....I'll be back later to wake him.



Complimentary Breakfast drink menu for Michael's Club



Our helpful servers that take care of us each morning in Michael's Club


The breakfast spread has a little something for everyone. It is so much quieter than the dining room or buffet....we really enjoy a leisurely meal first thing in the morning.



Next up, I had an appointment for 9am to meet with Sandra, the future cruise consultant. She happens to be the one who booked this trip, and will assist me in booking the next two. I am what you could call a homework-all-done kinda gal, when it comes to making reservations. As a matter of fact, it was her first day back on the ship, so we just filled in the blanks (cabin, dinner seating, table size) and we had our next two trips booked in less than 20 minutes. I've been very torn about making a final decision regarding which cruise line to sail with for the 2011 Hawaii--Sydney itinerary. After all was said and done, we chose to book both cabins on Radiance and Century for the trip...we had been leaning toward RCCL for months...then of course once we were on board, we can't imagine being on any other ship for the Trans-pacific crossing. Our decision is based on the time of year (Radiance-Sept/Century-Nov) as well as the itinerary (R-additional stop New Zealand/Century-additional stop Hawaii), so the choice is still up in the air...who knows what next year will bring? We have almost a year to sort it all out, time to concentrate on the here and now!

I am never so peaceful as when I am at sea. I feel at home on the waves and it saddens me to know that sometime in the not too distant future...we will returning home to our real lives. Enough about all that...there is so much ahead for us to enjoy...so...my research and planning are being kicked up a notch...I have day to schedule!!! So much to do...so little time.

I decided to hop online and post a few installments, it had been a two day drought and I didn't want any of you folks reading along, to think I'd stopped eating....if I'm breathing I'm eating...the two go hand in hand :) my biggest continuing issue, is trying to remember to take out my camera.

Back to the cabin, Rog had to be blasted out of bed at 10:30...just in time to grab a quick breakfast and head to the Crystal Lounge for our Cruise Critic gathering. He gets a bit frustrated with himself if he sleeps a portion of the morning away...I didn't have the heart to wake him until then. The folks that I had been "corresponding" with through the message boards, all gathered together with the Captain, Cruise Director and several staff members to get acquainted and start the cruise off on the right foot. The daily open communication, on this particular ship, that is encouraged and welcomed by various staff members, never ceases to amaze me. It is first and foremost the reason we will continue to return to Celebrity and the Century. We will truly be sad, when this ship is no longer a part of the fleet.


Quick lunch in the buffet--Crab Green Bean Salad--artichoke Italian sausage--curry shrimp


Chocolate and more chocolate....big surprise :)

We both spent the remainder of the day relaxing....there are never enough sea days on these port intensive cruises. We look forward to next year, when endless days at sea are the norm.

Off to the Crystal Lounge to meet some friends and enjoy a pre dinner drink. Roger has connected with another Red Sox fan from Boston...anyone who knows him will understand that this is truly a gift from the sports gods...no further explanation is necessary :)

Tonight was our first formal attire night in the dining room...time to break out the tux and long gown. We had been invited to dine at the Captain's table, a nice surprise and something we always look forward to when we cruise. He is a wonderful host, and always keeps everyone at the table entertained. The staff once again spoiled us with impeccable service...Roger and I were also treated to a special cake to commemorate the occasion of our anniversary and the renewal of our vows. I am sorry to say I did not take a picture of the delicious Rack of Lamb that I had chosen as my entree. Sitting to the left hand of the Captain, I didn't think it would be appropriate to whip out my camera and start snapping away. Later when we were discussing this blog, he graciously offered to have the waiter bring out another complete meal so that I could take a picture...I passed, so you will just have to take my word for it...the meal tasted as good as it looked. I did however, get a picture of the cake when it was delivered to our cabin later in the evening. It is always a dilemma of ours to figure out what to do with cakes when they are delivered back to the room. I don't exactly have a fridge large enough....or even plastic wrap to keep it fresh. We are hardly going to eat the whole thing, and after being served dessert in the dining room, neither of has any appetite left for additional sweets. I am not a fan of wasting food, and feel badly that it sometimes goes uneaten.

As we left the dining room, it occurred to us that we actually had time to make it to the theater for the late show. On most cruises, we make it a point to get to each of the shows...on this cruise, it is just not in the cards for us. Our table mates keep us entertained until almost 11pm most nights. We seem to be some of the last guests out of the dining room each evening.


Late night for us....room service breakfast menu filled out.....early morning wake up....the Isle of Capri awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment